The implementation of a social media listening and responding programme is a top priority for most businesses today. But how do you move beyond simple sentiment analysis to a position where social data can provide valuable insight to the areas of the business that need it most?
Our 2014 report on social media listening tools – Are you Listening? – examines where social media listening can add real value to a business and reviews the tools there are available on the market. We show how the tools divide into three categories:
- Insight and Monitoring
- Engagement and Management
Few tools span more than one category and the tool that is right for your business will depend very much on your use cases – we suggest a process for evaluating the tool that is right for you, and also choose the five tools that currently impress us most.
Five social media listening tools that impress us most
- Tracx: “This modern platform has a broad and innovative set of features as well as a great intuitive user interface”
- Conversocial: “A fantastic tool for customer service teams needing to manage large numbers of conversations with their consumers in social”
- Brandwatch: “An excellent platform for monitoring reputational risks and summarising conversation streams”
- Luminoso: “Not only is this tool great for the qualitative analysis of social conversations but it also enables you to combine social with other datasets”
- Hearsay Social: “A compliance-friendly platform for distributing social sales and marketing across a business, Hearsay Social is popular with companies in highly regulated industries”
Download your own copy of our summary 2014 Social Media Listening Report.